Sat, Feb 11|
An Update on Ankyloglossia and Other Oral Ties
Tongue ties remain controversial. With many opinions, objections, and success stories, it is difficult to know if, or when, surgical intervention is appropriate. This collaborative CE course will bring together medical and dental providers to help better understand diagnosis and treatment options.
Time & Location
Feb 11, 2023, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Rochester, 600 E University Dr, Rochester, MI 48307, USA
About the event
This event is a full day event offering 7 CE (dental) or 7.0 CME (AMA PRA Category 1) credits.
· Learn how the clinical definition of ankyloglossia has and recognize the role and limitations of surgical intervention.
· Describe the literature related to oral ties and best practices.
· Conduct a thorough exam on a baby, child, or adolescent; classify the degree of restriction of the tongue or lip; and screen for common symptoms related to these conditions.
· List the steps involved in assessing, diagnosing, referrals, and treatment when indicated for children with tongue restrictions.
· A collaborative approach between medical, dental, and other health care providers in the assessment and treatment of oral ties.
Tongue ties remain controversial. It seems everywhere you turn, parents and professionals are discussing, concerned, and asking questions about tongue and lip ties. With so many opinions, objections, and success stories, it is difficult to know if, and when, surgical intervention is appropriate. However, there is a lack of consensus in the literature on diagnosis and treatment. This collaborative CE course will bring together medical and dental providers to understand the diagnosis of ankyloglossia, recommendations, and treatments to provide the best and safest care for our patients.
The cost of this event is being offset by a generous sponsorship from Light Scalpel.
Check-In and Breakfast
2 hours 5 minutes
Soroush Zaghi, MD
Mel Noonan Resident Support
This is a donation to help offer reduced cost tickets to Pediatric Dental Residents. When completing the registration information use the name Mel Noonan.$100.00Sale ended